Based on new funding, Howard University in Washington (DC) is looking for 2 Postdoctoral Associates working on the biomaterials and polymer nanocomposite project. One Postdoc is a joint postdoc with NIST, the other has collaboration with Colgate-Palmolive Company.
• Major in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Material Science or related majors;
• Experience in organic synthesis or any of the modern polymerization techniques such as radical polymerizations (ATRP or RAFT), ring-opening polymerizations, and/or ionic polymerization is desirable;
• Experience in synthesis of block copolymer and/or graft copolymer is a plus;
• Experience in polymer composites, nanomaterials or polymer materials is a strong plus;
• Experience in characterization on any of GPC, XPS, NMR, FTIR, SEM, TEM, XRD is plus;
• Excellent personality for team work and strong motivation and hard working are essential.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV with contact information of 2-3 references to Dr. Wang by email (email@example.com). In the cover letter, please briefly describe your research experience, personality, expected salary, earliest starting date, and etc. The position is open now, so you can start immediately.