The research conducted in this group is at the interdisciplinary areas of applied electromagnetics and wireless communications. the research projects cover a broad range of topics, with a particular focus on the development of high-performance computational platforms for emerging wireless technologies in intelligent transportation (air, ground, underground), 5g and beyond wireless communications, underwater communications, indoor/outdoor localization, as well as biomedical sensing and healthcare applications.
The successful applicants are expected to conduct research, particularly, but not exclusively in the following topics:
(1) physics-based wireless channel modelling and measurement for large-scale environments (indoor, outdoor, underground, underwater, intra-body) as well as the intelligent planning and deployment of wireless communication systems/devices for internet of things (iot) applications.
(2) indoor/outdoor localization, radio wave propagation and scattering.
(3) numerical modelling and analysis of multiphysics/multiscale problems in computational electromagnetics.
(4) application of machine learning and stochastic uncertainty quantification techniques in electromagnetics and wireless communications.
(5) metasurface assisted wireless communications, rf/microwave/millimeter-wave design & measurement.
Specific research topic will depend on the applicant's background. the applicant will have a chance to work with industry partners and international collaborators.